2020 Maritime Sport Hall of Fame Inductees
The Maritime Sport Hall of Fame is pleased to announce its 2020 inductees to the Hall of Fame.
The six inductees for 2020 are:
- Manny McIntyre of Fredericton, New Brunswick
- Lyle Carter of Brookfield, Nova Scotia.
- Kevin Umlah of Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- Kirk Firlotte of Dalhousie, New Brunswick.
- Fran McHugh of Saint John, New Brunswick.
- 1967 Senobe Aquatic Club Ladies War Canoe Crew, Dartmouth, NS
Unfortunately, the Maritime Sport Hall of Fame will not be holding an induction ceremony for 2020.
Regrettably, we will not be able to honour these great athletes this year with the recognition they have richly earned. That recognition is only delayed, however. There will be an induction in 2022 that will include inductees from 2019 throughg 2021.
The nomination deadline for 2021 is October 15, 2021.
Vincent Manny McIntyre joined the Pictou Refitters Hockey Club for the 1943-44 season. I have all
the game reports in which he played for Pictou. Eight Pictou players ( Including Manny) joined the Truro Bearcats as military replacements.. The powerful Bearcats went on to win the NS , Maritime Championships and later lost out to the Quebec Aces in Allan Cup play.
I’ll send this on to Bob Dawson, who is working with National Libaray for Coloured Hockey League (Maritimes) and is also interested in Manny,